Tuesday, April 22, 2014

5 things that made me smile this week


This week has been amazing and all that is due to the four day weekend that was Easter. There is no better feeling then going to bed at night knowing that there is no reason to get up in the morning. Top it off with the beautiful weather Sydney had and the incredible people I got to spend my time with and there was no need to not be smiling this week.
  1. Cool winter mornings make me so happy its ridiculous. Nothing makes me feel better then the cool breeze that hits you on an Autumn morning specially after an Aussie summer. Top it all off with a hot Chai Latte and the mornings aren't that bad.
  2. These Coconut Cupcakes are incredible I have made them twice in the last week. On Easter Sunday I put my own twist on them by taking away the toasted coconut and added dried rose petals. They went down a treat with my family and smelled incredible.
  3. My very cute baby cousin is now 13 months and has just starting to walk with a little bit of help. It is amazing to see her growing up and the big smile she has on her face when she takes those steps. It's enough to melt your heart.
  4. Good Friday was a day of amazing food, a beautiful view and great company. My best friend took me down to a beautiful spot at North Head in Manly with views that look out onto the city of Sydney and we enjoyed lunch sitting in the sun taking in the incredible view. The perfect way to start the long weekend. 
  5. Every year Sydney puts on the Royal Easter show which runs over two weeks during the Easter break. It is very similar to an American Carnival. This year for the first time in a couple of years I went out with my cousins and we ate our way through the different food stalls and of course overloaded ourselves with shop bags full of lollies. Just what we needed after all the chocolate from Easter.
What made you smile this week? :)

Keep up to date with my crazy life here.

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment